Animals on a Log
Before you Start
Purpose: Post and read these statements with students to set a purpose for reading.
- I can sound out words I don’t know.
- I can use the pictures after I read the words to confirm what I read.
- I can talk about what I read.
Materials: Print the vowel letters in a different color from the consonants.
- Letter cards (vowels: a, i, o; consonants: c, d, g, h, p, n, s, t, y) or wipe-off board and marker
- Color copy of the book on the computer screen.
- Individual black and white copies of the book for the students.