Hop Rabbit, Jog Turtle
Before you Start
Purpose: Post and read these statements with students to set a purpose for reading.
- I can sound out words I don’t know.
- I can predict what will happen in the story.
- I can answer questions about the story I read.
- After I read the words, I can use the pictures to make sure the words I read make sense.
- I can retell a story.
- Letter cards (b, s, p, i, t, e, u, h, g, j, o, f, w, n, a) or wipe-off board and marker.
- Printed or e-copy of the book.
- Individual copies of the book for the students (black/white or color).
- Sequence words (first, next, then, after that, finally) and connecting words (but, so, because).
- high-frequency words printed on cards: you, will, see, I , go, and, says, me, by