Looking for the Cat in the Ghat
Before you Start
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently they need to be able to:
- Read closed syllable words with digraphs, s-blends, and l-blends.
- Recognize high-frequency words: go, to, for, the, ask, then, is, too, and, see, next, will, as, by, all, so, look, up, people, need
- Sound out (decode) words that have a closed syllable pattern (VC or CVC, CCVC, CVCC)
- Use all the short vowel sounds to read words (a, e, i, o, u)
- Use the illustrations to confirm what a new word says after sounding it out.
- Participate in a guided lesson with the teacher.