We Play Cricket
Before you Start
Read the read-aloud version, We Play Cricket, to students before they read this book to introduce them to the characters and the setting of the story.
- I can use strategies to sound out words I don’t know.
- I can tell the story set-up.
- I can use the illustrations after I read the words to help me understand what happens in the story.
- I can retell parts of a story using connecting words.
- Letter cards (Letter cards: t, m, p, n, c, b, h, s, a, i) or wipe-off board and marker
- Color copy of the book on the computer screen.
- Individual black and white copies of the book for the students.
- Sequence words (first, next, then, after that, finally) and connecting words (but, so, because).