What Can Sarita Do?
Before you Start
Before Reading Activity
Read the read aloud version of the story, Sarita and the Elephant Bird, to students.
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently they need to be able to:
- Have speech-to print-match.
- Use the illustrations and a predictable pattern to predict what a word says.
- Use beginning sound information to confirm what a word says.
- Recognize high-frequency words: what, can, do, a, and, the, you, go
- Pronounce the following beginning sounds: /h/, /f/, /k/, /d/, /s/).
Participate in a guided lesson with the teacher.