What Is on a Log?
Before you Start
Before Reading Activity
Class discussion about: what a log is (a fallen tree), where we might find a log (in the forest), and why logs can be useful (homes for animals).
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently they need to be able to:
- Have speech-to print-match.
- Use beginning sound along with picture clues to read words.
- Can pronounce the following letter sounds: /s/, /k/, /h/, /d/
- Can read high-frequency words: a, some, an, is, on, see, what
- Participate in a guided lesson with the teacher