Deepa Sees a Fox
Before you Start
Read the read-aloud version, Deepa Sees a Fox, to introduce students to the characters, setting, and story. If possible, read the story in the students’ first language.
Skill Level: For students to read this book independently, they need to be able to:
- Have speech-to print-match.
- Use beginning sound information to read words.
- Recognize high-frequency words: I, see, a, in, we, too, the
- Use the illustrations to confirm what a word says.
- Participate in a guided lesson with the teacher.